Tuesday, April 16, 2013

#81 The "New Elder" and a bunch of divisions


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! !

Ha! So Marques complained about talking too much? About time :P (Marques was just made Pres. of the 12-13 year old class at church and complained that he had to do most of the talking at their presidency meeting) ;)

 

I found out that I talk quite a lot too, but it IS a lot different in meetings...

 

Yay Maryn! Go BoM! (Maryn has started listening to the Book of Mormon and her goal is to complete the entire book before her brother is home.)

 

Our week was great... but I'm pretty sure last p-day was yesterday... or maybe two days ago. Our week FLEW.

Teaching and stuff is normal. We have a couple of people that are progressing a bit, but really the news this week lies with the craziness of it. We had TWO TRADES this week. TWO. Like... MORE THAN ONE! I think in my entire mission I've been on about six... including these two. We are supposed to have one trade per person per leader per transfer... but that doesn’t happen. Ever.

 

Until now. Elder H came here to do a trade on Tuesday, I went to Tagua 1 to trade with Elder T on Friday, and we had a division with members for our only free hour yesterday (more news on yesterday later).

 

From what I'm seeing, Elder H is pretty cool, Elder Q is kinda crazy (already knew that, a kinda goodish crazy though), Elder O is kinda new but determined to be good regardless of, Elder T, who is very much so dead. The sisters are perfect as normal. Don't understand how they do it. 

 

Good news about trades: Elder T no longer dislikes me :)

Bad news about trades: TIRED!

 

And then there's yesterday:

 

The day started at roughly 8:55 when the Gouber (bishopric) surprised the new Elder in the area (Carl) saying,

"Elder we have two baptisms today!"

And then surprised him even more by saying,

"Elder! Can you lead the meeting for me?!"

And then a little more by saying,

"Elder! Sorry but I don't have it planned at all, so good luck!"

. . .

The rest of the church meetings were used to get to know a bunch more members and assign things to different people.

 

The baptism worked out alright, although very last minute. 

 

The new Elder, now very tired from a ton of random pressure from nowhere, then went to a very fun but VERY FAR AWAY lunch.(1:00)

Roughly 3:30 He met up with some members he didn't know to visit some people (division) that he didn't remember where they lived. . .

5:00 was ward council meeting. The longest one that missionaries have had to attend (we are only supposed to stay 15 minutes...)

The new Elder sat next to the extremely-excited-and-well-intended ward mission leader, for two hours straight. Two hours later (and five years older), the meeting finally ended.

Then they had a meeting just between the missionaries and A. . .

 

Totally brain fried, wiped out, and dead, the Elder then went home... to do weekly planning!

YAY!

 

Man... Yesterday went super-fast too... but I'm pretty sure I aged like crazy with all those meetings.

Just with yesterday I must be 64 now...

 

But all is well! This week should be nice and normal finally. So today I just have food and sleep I think.

Well, all of a sudden I'm out of words. So, I'll be quiet: P

Tchau Tchau!

Elder Funnell