Well... Lots
of stuff happened this week... Makes sense given that it's a transfer week.
So, I left miracema on Monday after emails, we waited around for a while, and I left for Brasilia with Elder B. There were some people that we were 'certain' would leave Palmas (and basically were begging to as well), and they... stayed
Now I'm in Taguatinga 2. When I was in Recanto, it was a part of stake Ceilandia, but now it's Taguatinga (makes sense given that it's literally IN Taguatinga...). That means that I should be able to see some people at conference this week. Cool stuff.
We have a HUGE district. It's also the first district that I've been in with Sisters. Recently all of my districts have been four people, this one is eight. Myself (1/6 months) and Elder S (5), Elder T (1/9) and Elder l (9), Elder H (1/8) and Elder Q (?), and Sister T (1/1) and Sister T (0). (I am not sure what all the numbers are…Could be how long they have been there and how long they have left on their missions? I will ask next week…) We are by ourselves in our ward, and we are the only ones in the district with a separate chapel. The other one isn’t too far away though.
This ward is pretty great. There are TONS of investigators here (unlike Miracema), the only problem is that they are only home at night. Our nights have been super crazy busy this week, and we are teaching tons of lessons. It's pretty awesome. Elder S was trained by elder C before me. Elder S didn’t even know it was possible to teach so much in one week :P
He's from Utah, his dad is from Argentina, and he lived with his aunt before the mission. He is yet ANOTHER nerd (possibly more so than my other companions), and... that's about it. (So pretty Much Carl is in heaven with someone else that his similar to him ;)) It's pretty fun working with him, but as always I have the title of 'second comp'... which is always interesting. But we are getting there.
We've got several people closeish to baptism already. Some are waiting to get married and some are parts of less active families that we found this week.
All in all, this area is great.
Oh, and we have a REAL STORE here. It’s SO COOL. Biggest store I’ve ever had in an area (also the 'biggest' city I’ve ever served in)
Luckily, all is going well, this has got to be the best city on earth. It’s huge, but people still talk to you. Weird combination, but I love it.
The LZs and Elder T have AMAZING areas as well. Baptisms like crazy.
I like this place. So far.
The LMA is new and is... kinda stressful... But we are getting there with him. He simply doesn’t know how to be a missionary, so he works very different than we do. It’s not all bad, but he will get it soon.
So, I left miracema on Monday after emails, we waited around for a while, and I left for Brasilia with Elder B. There were some people that we were 'certain' would leave Palmas (and basically were begging to as well), and they... stayed
Now I'm in Taguatinga 2. When I was in Recanto, it was a part of stake Ceilandia, but now it's Taguatinga (makes sense given that it's literally IN Taguatinga...). That means that I should be able to see some people at conference this week. Cool stuff.
We have a HUGE district. It's also the first district that I've been in with Sisters. Recently all of my districts have been four people, this one is eight. Myself (1/6 months) and Elder S (5), Elder T (1/9) and Elder l (9), Elder H (1/8) and Elder Q (?), and Sister T (1/1) and Sister T (0). (I am not sure what all the numbers are…Could be how long they have been there and how long they have left on their missions? I will ask next week…) We are by ourselves in our ward, and we are the only ones in the district with a separate chapel. The other one isn’t too far away though.
This ward is pretty great. There are TONS of investigators here (unlike Miracema), the only problem is that they are only home at night. Our nights have been super crazy busy this week, and we are teaching tons of lessons. It's pretty awesome. Elder S was trained by elder C before me. Elder S didn’t even know it was possible to teach so much in one week :P
He's from Utah, his dad is from Argentina, and he lived with his aunt before the mission. He is yet ANOTHER nerd (possibly more so than my other companions), and... that's about it. (So pretty Much Carl is in heaven with someone else that his similar to him ;)) It's pretty fun working with him, but as always I have the title of 'second comp'... which is always interesting. But we are getting there.
We've got several people closeish to baptism already. Some are waiting to get married and some are parts of less active families that we found this week.
All in all, this area is great.
Oh, and we have a REAL STORE here. It’s SO COOL. Biggest store I’ve ever had in an area (also the 'biggest' city I’ve ever served in)
Luckily, all is going well, this has got to be the best city on earth. It’s huge, but people still talk to you. Weird combination, but I love it.
The LZs and Elder T have AMAZING areas as well. Baptisms like crazy.
I like this place. So far.
The LMA is new and is... kinda stressful... But we are getting there with him. He simply doesn’t know how to be a missionary, so he works very different than we do. It’s not all bad, but he will get it soon.
Anyhow, I'm super excited for this area. It should be pretty awesome. That week flew though... and with only 5 weeks again, the transfer will disappear faster than I can blink.
I think I'll leave it at that for now. I am off to find some meat and mashed potatoes... So, until later!
Tchau tchau!
Elder Funnell