Well... in
comparison my week was kinda lame... (I shared some crazy stuff that happened
last week around here) until the weekend of course.
We had one of those work-and-walk-forever-and- don’t-run-into-anyone-thats- interested
kind of weeks.
Perfectly normal. As they say in Portuguese, "faz parte". Just a part of the work. The kind of part that makes missionaries quite tired, and the kind that gives my companion blisters.
But all is well, and conference was super awesome.
I took notes again (I'm turning into a weirdo... I wasn’t like this before). I think I’ve filled every possible page (that I won’t use) of my planner. Then I took just the "top few phrases"... and filled a whole page. Oh well. That’s what you get for having a cool conference.
Oh, we had interviews this week with president. All happy and fine there as normal.
Oh yeah! I saw a bunch of people from Recanto! Not many of the people that I most wanted to see, but some. Also not for much time. NĂ©lia is a lady that I taught in my last week there. It was the best plan of salvation lesson that I’ve taught, and the most elect investigator ever. Elder Hallinan told me when she got baptized a couple weeks later, and she said that she was sad that I wasn’t there.
Well, I saw her on Saturday. She and also her niece (who is now lives with her) got baptized and were at conference. They look super happy. Awesome.
We also have a stake conference coming up. With a little luck I'll be able to see the rest of the people from Recanto :)
Today we had lunch with a less active. A less active that knows how to cook SUPER WELL. WOW! And so I'm stuffed.
(He sent feedback for M&M learning languages) Just a note: I do NOT regret not learning Spanish... I honestly find it way uglier than Portuguese: P But that's just my opinion :)
A for mother's day and stuff, they usually don’t tell us until the last week... But whatever.
One last random note before a couple favorite lines: Having sisters in the district is AMAZING. They make food!
I mean sure, I do too... but now I'm not the only one making goodies for district meetings :)
Alrighty, I didn’t write the names of everyone in my "top 39 ideas from conference" page, but the idea is still there:
Temple in Rio! Whoo!
65,000 missionaries plus another roughly 30,000 missionaries waiting. WOW.
Some of the younger missionaries were in and ready with their papers in five days after the rule changed was announced.
(Did I mention that one of the new sisters this transfer is younger than me? WEIRD. That doesn’t (didn’t) happen)
"what 'ere thou art, act well thy part"
We were dignified spirits of our Father before this life. We developed our talents and practiced obedience.
We are capable of finding peace, not world peace, but individual and family peace, through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Saints in Africa have little of what matters least and much of what matters most.
The power to bring life to the world is God's power, and so it must be used in accordance to HIS plan.
Love increases through righteous constraint.
Is my happiness contagious?
A voice of perfect mildness unlocks the hearts of people and children.
Marriage: Priceless, faith, repentance, respect, love.
Obedience to law is liberty.
We need not explore unknown paths, we have the plan of God laid out for us!
Defend the truth, with words or sometimes silence.
What titles do we have? Which ones are important?
Plan your life with purpose. Study the scriptures with diligence. Teach by your testimony.
Balance the "concrete" of your life with prayer, scriptures, and sacrament.
Put more value on what you DO know, not on what you do not know.
Jesus taught literally, not theoretically.
We must extend our arms to the needy and lonely.
There. My favorite bits :)
Anyhow,
Tchautchau!
Elder Funnell
We had one of those work-and-walk-forever-and-
Perfectly normal. As they say in Portuguese, "faz parte". Just a part of the work. The kind of part that makes missionaries quite tired, and the kind that gives my companion blisters.
But all is well, and conference was super awesome.
I took notes again (I'm turning into a weirdo... I wasn’t like this before). I think I’ve filled every possible page (that I won’t use) of my planner. Then I took just the "top few phrases"... and filled a whole page. Oh well. That’s what you get for having a cool conference.
Oh, we had interviews this week with president. All happy and fine there as normal.
Oh yeah! I saw a bunch of people from Recanto! Not many of the people that I most wanted to see, but some. Also not for much time. NĂ©lia is a lady that I taught in my last week there. It was the best plan of salvation lesson that I’ve taught, and the most elect investigator ever. Elder Hallinan told me when she got baptized a couple weeks later, and she said that she was sad that I wasn’t there.
Well, I saw her on Saturday. She and also her niece (who is now lives with her) got baptized and were at conference. They look super happy. Awesome.
We also have a stake conference coming up. With a little luck I'll be able to see the rest of the people from Recanto :)
Today we had lunch with a less active. A less active that knows how to cook SUPER WELL. WOW! And so I'm stuffed.
(He sent feedback for M&M learning languages) Just a note: I do NOT regret not learning Spanish... I honestly find it way uglier than Portuguese: P But that's just my opinion :)
A for mother's day and stuff, they usually don’t tell us until the last week... But whatever.
One last random note before a couple favorite lines: Having sisters in the district is AMAZING. They make food!
I mean sure, I do too... but now I'm not the only one making goodies for district meetings :)
Alrighty, I didn’t write the names of everyone in my "top 39 ideas from conference" page, but the idea is still there:
Temple in Rio! Whoo!
65,000 missionaries plus another roughly 30,000 missionaries waiting. WOW.
Some of the younger missionaries were in and ready with their papers in five days after the rule changed was announced.
(Did I mention that one of the new sisters this transfer is younger than me? WEIRD. That doesn’t (didn’t) happen)
"what 'ere thou art, act well thy part"
We were dignified spirits of our Father before this life. We developed our talents and practiced obedience.
We are capable of finding peace, not world peace, but individual and family peace, through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Saints in Africa have little of what matters least and much of what matters most.
The power to bring life to the world is God's power, and so it must be used in accordance to HIS plan.
Love increases through righteous constraint.
Is my happiness contagious?
A voice of perfect mildness unlocks the hearts of people and children.
Marriage: Priceless, faith, repentance, respect, love.
Obedience to law is liberty.
We need not explore unknown paths, we have the plan of God laid out for us!
Defend the truth, with words or sometimes silence.
What titles do we have? Which ones are important?
Plan your life with purpose. Study the scriptures with diligence. Teach by your testimony.
Balance the "concrete" of your life with prayer, scriptures, and sacrament.
Put more value on what you DO know, not on what you do not know.
Jesus taught literally, not theoretically.
We must extend our arms to the needy and lonely.
There. My favorite bits :)
Anyhow,
Tchautchau!
Elder Funnell