Monday, May 6, 2013

#84- waking up chilly...


Anyhow, this week was interesting. Elder M is a fun guy, we just didn't get along very well the first few days :P Now we are fine, he was just grumpy about something or another, and so I had to be the victim of his grumpiness... but whatever.

He's got nine months in the mission and is coming from Recanto. He is from Recife, he really doesn't have much to say about what he likes to do (play soccer... duh) and he wants to study something in computer sciences after the mission. He has already said that he becomes trunky very easily... awesome. But he is actually a really good missionary.

Funny note: He already has as many areas as I do :P

This week we did a lot of door knocking. In the process we found a few okays a few goods, and one or two really cool people. This week will basically just be catching all of these people again to see if they will progress or not.

A couple days ago I was talking with the stake something for teaching kids. Yeah. That. She oversees Sunday school for the young men and young women programs. Or something like that.

She said that they were having a lot of trouble with the teachers this year because of the new curriculum. She said it's great because the teacher has to think, but that it is getting complicated due to the kids getting bored out of their minds having the same class over and over and over again.

Sounds special. Similar story there?

Our relief society, young womens, and primary programs were all mixed up this week. Should be a fun change.


I think the most interesting day was yesterday. We went to church, lunch with the Bishop (which is always great), and then we went to the early-return-missionary's house with the Bishop. I said just about nothing, but it was a cool lesson that the bishop gave :)

Oh, and a note: he asked me to send you a 'hug' and say that you have an admirer.

I'm excited to hear about these stories... someday... but whatevs :P good idea though, being hostage does NOT sound fun. That's kinda the point of being hostage...

Ah, it's been really dry and kinda hotish this week. This is the month that its usually kinda cold, and I DO wake up cold, but everyone is complaining about how it’s hot here. Funny because I just think it’s warmish. The dry though, is somewhat annoying.

Anyhow, that's all I got for now…until later,

Tchau!

Elder Funnell