I... Didn't realize it was this week…
coming up, yes, but Thursday. Weird. Why am I the old one huh? Before the
mission everyone left the team temporarily, making me really old, and now I'm
old again! Weird! I'm used to being the young one in the group. Weird weird
weird.
Well, I am glad to hear that Kathy
will finally be a grandma :) It's always good to hear good news. (Brook &
Britt are both pregnant and I told him what they are having… if you want to
know, you will have to ask Brook and Britt. J)
No drama kids!!! What kind of team
is this?!?!?! (Other than great-sounding)... But not as cool as my age group :P
Do you remember when Blake and I
were obsessed about squirrels? Turns out we knew a thing or two more than you
:P Never trust a bunny! Or squirrels for that matter! Arm yourself with a tin
foil hat and... actually I don't know how to get rid of them... I just know
that they are REALLY evil. (I have been having battles with squirrels this
year- they plucked all my corn stalks-14 of them- and ate my corn on the cob
that was left right off the stalk)
No new records no... Only 40ish
minutes to get out of sacrament this time. Pretty easy. Only one person at a
time talking too... What happiness. I think the sisters are learning that the
other dupla DOES NOT EXIST (yet), so maybe I don't have to go crazy with lunch
scheduling this week. It was very unfun this last week.
I did NOT get a letter from Maryn...
I got one from Dani this last week, but none from Maryn yet. When/how did she
send it?
For the box, I was only thinking of
socks, lint removing device (if possible), and hopefully some sort of American
flag. A recent convert here is slightly bonkers about the states. Does not have
to be super huge, but at least the size of a dish towelish. that would make a
convert very happy, and a me very alive.
But in case you didn't notice, I
don't have a lot of cool stories this week. Just another week of running around
trying to find people. Oh, but I guess there's a funny note there:
So there has always been this 'goal'
to talk to ten people every day, besides normal teaching and whatnot. Well, now
it's a RULE, and president took out the old 'standard'. Now there is just
contacts. My opinion on contacts: When you have nothing better to do, they are
very good to do. You invite more people to go to church, learn more, etc.
However, they are the LEAST effective way of finding new investigators.
Especially if you are hoping for good ones. So in general, I used to do a few
contacts, but I spent more time in lessons.
So now I am trying to be mister
super-obedient, so I'm doing them (turns out to be a good thing, as we have not
been able to teach much these last two weeks). And out of the 100 contacts per
week we are supposed to do as a dupla, twice (200 annoying persons on the road
then), I have about 50 addresses. Of those fifty addresses, at least 20 of them
are already crossed off due to the house not existing, those particular people
not living there, or us having been expulsed from the house. . . The other 30
we can't seem to get at home. Very annoying. So, what did we get out of the 200
contacts these two weeks? Not much. Nothing actually.
So finally, the funny part: We have
been wasting our time like crazy doing what we are told to do, succeeding in
finding NO NEW INVESTIGATORS from the contacts, and someone randomly goes to
church last week with a member. (Not a contact). He wants to learn more and be
baptized already. Haven't met him again since last Sunday, he slipped away
before I could get an address (but we eat with him on Wednesday) Then this
week, some OTHER random guy walks into the church just to check it out. And
HE'S really interested too. Both of their names are Glaeson. Stupid phrase form
the CTM turns out to be true (I already knew, but it's REALLY TRUE to me now):
"Com obediência, vêm
bençãos. Com obediência perfeita, vêm milagres"
'With obedience come blessings. With
perfect obedience come miracles.'
Well, thank you obedience... that
week would have stunk otherwise.
So since I have a really long story
for ya, now I'll leave you alone :P
Tchau!
Elder Funnell