Monday, September 10, 2012

#50



Well our week went wellish. Something about the first week of every transfer is impossible. Everyone avoids you on the streets and no one wants to let you in the house... Whoo. But, we did alright.

Elder H is from Idaho. I have heard the name of the city a bunch of times, but no idea how to spell it :P He's got six months in the mission total, and he is 19 for one more month. I'm old... weird.

Getting a new dupla?... sorta? I'm being left in the dark for this one. I was planning on calling the assistants today to figure it out. Bishop  Edson, and just about every sister in the ward is driving me crazy about the new dupla. I'm getting tired of saying the phrase "No idea"

But, it's okay. Our ward is really quite awesome, as Elder H is figuring out quickly. He came from some cute little branch in the middle of nowhere, and now he's in a large ward ready to split.

I'm learning a lot more people in the ward, funny how that works when your companion doesn't know ANYONE. Sundays are very tiring due to the size of the ward though. I think I was talking to about seven people at once after church. Interesting note: Sacrament meeting ends at 12... We didn't manage to get out of the room until 1... Lots of people and lots of talking.

The primary program was yesterday! That's probably the first ward that I've been in that could pull it off. Very cute, and very funny.

Haven't taken a bunch of pictures, but I got a few. I'm also planning on stealing some from some members.

Anything fun on p-days?... Most fun thing I can think of would be the zoo, which is always closed on Mondays. So the next most fun thing is finding a cool member/investigator and spend time with them. We will probably be sitting around with Yuri today, playing card games and eating ice cream.

This week we really didn't get to teach much (conspiracy theory to NOT BE AT HOME), however yesterday was cool. Once again, no one decided to be at home, then, as sitting there trying to figure out where to go next (with a very annoying guy walking with us too, for the second time this week!), I decided (and said) "I give up, let's knock on this door. We can just finish the day knocking on doors I guess..."

Followed by someone who was actually home. That actually came out of the house to talk to us (instead of yelling through the window). The n she came right up to the gate to shake our hands... After a brief introduction she said "Do you want some water (YES! I do!), I'll go get you some", followed by her setting the water on a table and inviting us inside without much of an explanation of what we do. . .

Quite neat. Very much needed too. Lesson was kinda iffy because her husband came, and he is VERY anti-religion (like, he has faith in God and stuff, but he doesn't believe that religion is necessary) and she is also VERY Catholic. But, she invited us back :) We'll see.

Other than that, I think that' about it for the week.
Tchau!
Elder Funnell