Our week went well, but nothing spectacular happened. Lots
of walking, talking, knocking (clapping really), and lots of people not being
at home, but that's all fairly normal. We have a date set with Nicole for this Sunday,
and another with Pablo on the next Sunday. So... maybe we got some baptisms
coming! Yay
The office is still taking forever to get back to us, and we
only have one week to get and move stuff into this house. . .
But it should be fun. Ish.
With any luck Wellington (nonmember) and Stefani (member)
will get married in two weeks, opening one more baptism for wellington.
We still have NO idea what will happen on transfers
(assuming this house even get fixed up...) perhaps we stay together and the
newbies go... somewhere. That's the other problem; we don't know who would go
for which side of the Recanto. We want the 300 side, but we probably get the
200 side if we stay together.
We could also split up and divide the area, and if it's our
choice, I will probably go to the 300s
One of us (meaning Elder E) could also possibly leave...
Making everything VERY interesting for the next transfer
Oh, just different parts of the city. We are going to split
the city in half to make everything easier.
Looking at the map we have, Recanto das Emas is shaped kinda
like Idaho, just flipped and on its side. The fat part has the 'quadras' from
200 to 800, and skinny part is 300 and 500, and all along the top is the 100s.
We have a lot more people on the 300 side, which is NOT close to where we live.
We currently live in the 203.
So, really I'm just hoping for
the new house.
Oh, interesting/scary note: The LZs called us on Saturday
asking if we knew anyone that could be. . . Actually I don't know how to say it
in English... I guess just 'short term'. So they were looking for someone in the
Recanto that could be a short term sister. Starting... today.
Hope they found someone, and I hope all is well with all of
the sisters.
The sister means that they want
any worthy lady aged 20 and up to serve like a Sister for 7 weeks, but only
with about 3 days warning... VERY difficult I imagine, and suddenly being
'restricted' for 7 weeks is tough too. We had someone that WOULD potentially do
it, but I don't think she can, given that she is studying and would need at
least a little warning. She is so good though that her only being 18 years old
might not have mattered. They were asking for a miracle, I just hope they did
fine one somewhere else.
It is very odd to think that E is finishing up. . . Cause
that also means I'm almost at halfway. 11 months is just whatever, even the
idea of one year isn't that weird, but to think that I'm only going to be here
for another time-that-I-have-been-so-far is REALLY weird! But I can analyze
that more later. In a month or so.
But yes, August was a fast one.
So really for our plans today we just have some more
lounging about, maybe playing cards, maybe going to the ice cream shop (which
is very VERY good and very VERY cheap, both rare for Brasil) and eat literally
all that we can. Sounds like fun to me! :) (It's R$10 (about $4.90) per kilo by
the way)
Well, I think that's close to everything for me today....
Maybe I'll go look for X-men or something like that, OR I can just leave it for
later... I'll probably do that.
So, I'll be around for a while, sorry for not having much
interesting this week...
Until later!
Tchau,
Elder Funnell