Monday, August 20, 2012

#47 Alrighty


Alrighty, before I forget I have to put in box requests so I don't get murdered:
As always, syrup is ALWAYS WELCOME, peanut butter too
A tie or two is always fantastic, and I greatly enjoyed the last set
Reese’s are a flavor that I have forgotten...
And I need some sort of American flag. It can be smallish, but not too tiny. I know that's a weird one, but a recent convert here is getting really grumpy at people for not asking :P I like being alive :)

So, now that I won't be forgetting, I'll get to talking. I'll try to talk a fair amount, but we will see, I messed up my left hand a little :P

Speaking of which, today we had a zone activity, which was super cool. The last one I went to was a long time ago, and really lame. This one we played soccer (or in our case, cards), then we split into groups and played a bunch of goofy games such as:
-Who can eat a piece of bread and a banana the fastest (point for the team)
-Who can eat the insides of half a lemon fastest (which I lost at :( easy to eat, just not fast enough)
-Which couple of people can pin an onion between their heads and run to the other side of the court and back, relay style
-Simple spoon and egg relay (that's right, I won that)
-2v2 tug of war (we won both times again, Elder E is a beast)
-And capture the flag
Then we ate, waited an hour for a bus, took an hour to get home, and therefore, I'm here really late.

This week we talked to some guy at a bus stop for about 40 minutes. Rather, he talked at us. He is anti-religion (not atheist though), very very intelligent, very very unhappy man, feel kinda sorry for him. At the end of his anti-religion-you-guys-know-nothing speech, Elder E just asked a few questions. We learned that in his eyes, we are here to learn truth in our lives. However, he couldn't explain why that was important... We asked what happens after this life. . .  Which was answered by a 'hey this bus is going to the Rodoviaria! You need to go there, I don't though, it's full, bye!'
'Nah, it truly IS full, we will wait too'
'Let me check the sign again...'
And he left. figures. Was pretty cool though, because he had a good logic to the whole thing, but it just shows that the logic eventually runs out. The truth simply wins.

Oh, funny thing: So I believe I already said that I'm fooling a few people about being Brasilian right? Well, I learned that I am INCAPABLE of saying 'dez'. It's SOOOOOO easy, but they seem to say it weird somehow... And whenever someone wants to compliment me on my Portuguese, they ask me how much time I have, which is then followed by:
"Tres? Seis? Quanto tempo?"
"DEZ DEZ DEZ DEZ DEZ!!!! DEPOIS NOVE E ANTES ONZE!!!"
'Oh, dez.'

I'm so happy for eleven.
As always we have more people, but still no one accepting baptismal dates. Our best investigators didn't go to church this week... Bleh! But at least I think they were out of town. Slightly better. Very slightly.

The apartment... Is still not moving. We had the place figured out by ourselves on our first day of looking. Cheap, small, and clean. Perfect. But we are STILL waiting on the office. Supposedly they were supposed to do it today. We'll see.

I find it very entertaining that you are all quilting. Ha. And I assume that the fireside was about seeking pearls of great price? Looking for the important stuff and not the 'fakes'?


To speak the truth, I have almost no pictures of Recanto (almost just because we took one today)
But I will take some yes. I'm waiting for a couple from the LZs, and I'll try to take some with Elder E this week. Alright? :P

Oh hand, forgot to explain. Very simply, I unfroze Elder C really really hard. So my last three fingers of my left hand are revolting. Good thing I only type with two fingers on the left hand :P And hand shaking is on the right! I’m just fine then :)

Well I did fake out one of the members' uncles. He is a member that is used to Americans that speak really badly. So my fairly-decent doesn't compare much.

Numbers huh? Well, they are SUPER high compared to Sobradinho (doesn't take much), but this week was really hard, one day was a training with the president (which rocked), and another day was a "Todo mundo caiu" day. Happens. Still pulled off standard though.

Olympics in the water is SOOOOOOO much better. This one was just mildly funny. But I DID enjoy it.
Did I mention that it's weird having sisters in the zone? Kinda awesome though. They played cards with us.
Well actually, he had no voice on Friday. . . So Sister read his mind for us and the assistants gave training about studying. Which is actually really different and was pretty cool. No one talks about studying.

We learned more about President's hometown though, was cool. His family is one of the major Brasilian pioneers. First bishops, first stake presidents, etc. etc.


And yes, you feel all sorts of fuzzy when people have to ask where yu are from, or if they are surprised when you say the states. Elder M speaks SO much better than me though, they have no idea...
This is transfer three for him, but I think we will both stay and get divided in the duplas


Anyways, until next week!
Tchau,
Elder Funnell