Monday, June 25, 2012

#39 Baptism!.. 4 years in the working...

 I think the computer is winning. . . But this really inconveniently placed photo is of the two of us, plus Marianne, Mariele, and Alisson (Alisson being a boy...)

So, can Marques figure THIS out yet…?

Computer doesn't want to cooperate. Haven't managed a photo until now, so let's see who is more stubborn today, me? Or the computer? (Carl won…)

Yup, I’m writing a little later today. Nalma insisted on giving us lunch. Again.
It's really good and stuff... but it's p-day. . . *sigh*
Should be back to normal now though, she starts work again today.

Baptism was great. LOTS of people. I'm getting used to convert baptisms being kinda small and 8 year old baptisms being a bit bigger.
This one was kinda like those two put together. Convert that EVERYONE knows and has known for four years. It was way cool. We will be headed over there today to see how she is today.
Her old bishop baptized her, which was cool, we didn't get wet.
But we did fill the monster pool... alone this time. The other dupla had an appointment to get to, and it went overtime. But at least it wasn't just me and Elder G... Physical labor doesn't exist for him. Instead I have super army guy, so it all went well. Except for the sink with the hose losing its pressure, leaving us ONLY with buckets... awesome.

Furthermore, no one understands how long it takes. Bishop refuses to let us set it up early, so we have to sprint to set it up and start the hose after church (bishop figured we could just leave it and it would finish. HA!) Then went to lunch real quick, sprinted back, and bucketed until 4:45 (baptism being at 5)

But all went well.
And we are tired.

Other than that, we are slowly progressing with Nalma's son Samuel. Very slowly, but still progressing. And this week was generally uneventful, other than the usual annoyance of Elder M (he stayed at home two and a half days this week, to the despair of Elder M and Elder C)

But yeah. Just that. Did I mention his temples are being made out of cement now?

Glad to hear everything is going smoothly there, and it's kinda awesome that the pool is close enough to walk to! 

I did get that first box, now just waiting on the second. Thank you muchly for the tie, it kicks trash. And for the Rubik’s cube, it kicked MY trash. For two days, then I solved the bejeebers out of it :)
Now I understand how to make all the faces go in the same direction. 
Did I tell you that they are called 'magic cubes' here, and that almost everyone thinks it's impossible to do? Yeah, it's kinda funny to watch them stare. Teaching Elder M currently, he about has it down now.

Oh yeah, and tell Marques sorry that the letter will be late, but yeah, just didn't work out right.

Well, I think that's all for now. Let's see if this email actually gets through quickly eh?

Or else, until next week!
Tchau
Elder Funnell