Monday, June 11, 2012

#37


Well, that week dragged a little for us. Elder M was perfectly crazy all week and Elder C didn't talk to me until Thursday. That makes a week take a loooooooong time.

But it's all better now :)

He had lots of stress craziness due to hospital, problems at home, and our shared problem of Elder M.
I've determined that I like Elder M a lot.

From a distance

But yeah, anyway, we lived. Went with Elder B one day: was a good day.
So now, maybe we can start working again! YAY!

Apparently Elder C got an email from Pres last week saying that he would not be staying in Sob II, so that helped his unexcitedness. But we all stayed, so it can only get better. (other than another hospital trip this Friday, but I think it's all under control now)

This transfer... was WIERD!!! Everyone moved. Everyone. Except us. Elder C and M stayed like they wanted, Elder G left Santa Maria like he wanted, Elder B left to train again like he wanted, and Elder G is training again like he wanted. So that much is good. But some of the stuff is really weird. For instance, Elder M came back?!? He is now the LD here. Talk about weird coincidence. And Santa Maria (where he, Elder G and H were) had ALL SIX missionaries leave. Wow. Good luck to the new guys there.

Sounds like all the people I know well are doing fine. They all seem happy with the transfers. However, we all just got this monster email from President basically reinforcing the fact that he has the keys to send missionaries places... Sounds like he got a lot of complaints this time. And he doesn't seem very happy. He even had bishops and branch presidents complaining about missionaries. Yikes.

The major news for this week was yesterday......

Dedication of Manaus!!!! Whooo!!!

There was a cultural celebration Saturday (which was kinda disappointing...) and it ended at about 9. More missionaries got home late than ever in President's history here (another piece of bad news for the missionaries). We were all expecting some awesome display of Amazon culture (hence 'cultural celebration'), but it was actually just kids and young adults displaying a little of all of Brazil. Not nearly as cool.

The dedication was awesome though. And we went to all three sessions (because we are crazy), but it turned out to be a good choice. Everyone left after the second because it's almost the exact same thing, but the thrid was REALLY GOOD. Awesome talk about testimonies by Elder Cook. He also shared a cool story in the second session, and President Uchtdorf was awesome as usual, I feel sorry for the Brazilians trying to listen...

But all in all, it was the coolest thing in quite some time.

Fun stat- Brazil as a whole had 0 investigators at church yesterday- they broadcast the dedication and unless you have a temple recommend, you couldn’t attend.

I also got an update on ParanoĆ”. P is doing well (which I knew, I saw here at stake conference), and M is doing even better (... WOW! That actually came as a little bit of a shock...) So all is happy there.

Sister W is with her trainer again, Elder C is going to one of the least safe areas and is super excited (he has only had snobby areas until now), I think Elder B is still lost in Palmas... He won't be back for a while. And I haven't heard from Elder H.
And I think you guys are living in Elder G's old ward. He moved to Oregon several years ago, but he used to live in Mukilteo. We swim at his middle school. Not sure if I told you that already. So maybe it's the same ward. Weird huh? (Elder G was Carl’s trainer)

I think that's everyone. Maybe.
  
I'm glad you are enjoying your new ward that is a good thing. And if Maryn wants to come walk down here she can feel free. Just tell her it's hotter than bejeebers and we walk A LOT. In the sun. Sometimes with dust clouds on dry days. It's fun. Kinda.
Well, I think that's all for this week. Remind me if I forgot something.
And sorry I got on late. We went with Elder B for transfers and didn't get back until noonish.

Well, we didn't change much considering We knew Elder M and B would not be together again. And Elder M came back. But Elder B will train in Gama something or another (east or west I think, I don't remember).


There was some misunderstanding on Monday, and all of his army training has untaught him to talk about his problems. But eventually he came around again. It came to the point that he tried to go to the hospital alone, but I followed him. *sigh* goofy soldier boy. But yes, all better now.

Really Elder C isn't very sick at all... Like he has a somewhat serious problem, but it just means he will get some antibiotics and can't eat certain food. But he was not very excited about work this last week, and with a couple hospital trips (one of which he came back SUPER drugged) and general slowness, we don't have many news. Still have a few people that we visit, just that they are rather slow progressors, or are hard to contact.

 (I asked for his favorite scripture) ;)
I don't have favorite scriptures; I have favorite chapters and stories. And some scriptures too, but they won't work for this kinda thing.

Isaiah 58
2 Nephi 32
and 33
Stories of Abinadi
Alma 32
and 42
and many more
Plus little verses here and there that just wouldn't work for a plaque

So, I got to Enos 27, 2Ne 33:10-11, 2Ne 32: 3-5, Alma 26:12, Alma 32:26-27, Mosiah 4:9-10, Ether 12.27... ect.

Seeing my problem?

Alma 26.12 and Mosiah 4.9-10

Doesn't help that my favorites change weekly, daily, and minutely...

Anyway, I'll be here for a bit,
Have a great week!
Elder Funnell