Monday, January 30, 2012

#19


Well... I wrote a short novel last week, and I feel like I have nothing to say this week. General news... I feel like nothing happened this week, but it was really long. We did get a new family at church, and the other family that was going to go this week couldn't this week. I guess I can explain that, cause it's funny.
So we met this guy a while ago by a "Hey Elders!" from his front door.
No idea why he decided to talk to us, but yeah. His name is Welder.
Which I found funny. But not as funny as the fact that his brother is (dunno how to spell it) Gutenberg. Like a German word. We asked his mom a while ago why these names, and she said it's just cause she liked these words from other languages, even though she has no idea what they mean. After some time of not really progressing, we dropped them, but recently we are teaching them again because we keep running into them and they seem much more interested all of a sudden. We went to teach them on Saturday, and guess what Welder was doing...
WELDING!!! I enjoyed that. We were with a member, and I explained what his name meant, then we enjoyed it together. Trouble is, he wasn't using goggles of any sort, and he burned his eyes. He is fine, but he couldn't really see or do anything on Sunday when we met with him after church... Next week it is.
Other than them we have an old lady that has a 30 year old kid with cerebral paralysis... Very sad. (Oh, and she absolutely loves Americans, so she is cool). We also have a lady that wants to quit smoking, and she seems promising, we will see. Then we have everyone else that we have had for a while, we can just never find them in their houses. What a bother.
It's kinda a curse for us. If we take a member with us (because we are supposed to make as many visits as possible with members) we are guaranteed to find no one at home. Very annoying, and slightly embarrassing as well.
But yeah, that's Paranoá B this week, not lots happened really.
About the cut, I fell. Into the corner of a fridge. Was pretty awesome.
The monkeys were totally random, we just discovered them at one point, we thought Elder Craig was lying.
Of course we are still getting along (cause I am the perfect child
remember?) and the missionaries in our house are all leaders, so of course they are all fine.
The CTM president's daughter said that she prefers doing sealings to pretty much everything else too. That was a cool talk by the way.
I don't need money in particular, we get an allowance every two weeks for food (granted I lost that too, but I'll get it this week, apparently it's in São Paulo) so yeah I'm fine. Elder George can pay for me for a week :) I think sending the card in an envelope might be faster? But other than that I really don't care too much. I have few needs, other than American candy, peanut butter, and corn pancakes. I do have some mix already, you sent some before, but I'm not cool enough to know how to make them :P AAAAAAAaaaaand.... yeah that's it. I'm probably actually here today, since I typed a bit faster.
Oh, and I sent that letter today, should be there in roughly two weeks?
So, with no more to type,
TCHAU, e boa semana!
Elder Funnell

(This is where we started chatting.. they seem to always run in to animals, and Carl, much like Jarett, always has an easy time with all of them. :))
Gotta say, Tinkerbell is WAAAAAAAAAY cuter than the poodles I've been meeting recently…oh, so I found one poodle that has anger problems. Doesn't like being touched. Except by me :) Looks kinda like Tink and acts kinda like Tigg. hehe We also have a cat at Welder's house. Elder George doesn't know what to do with cats, so I made kitty happy, and now he likes Elder George too. And Elder George is slightly obsessed with him. Hahaha  OH! And the bishop has the friendliest dog on the planet. He keeps walking to the church and trying to join us for meetings and activities. And apparently he follows any missionaries that he sees! :) Kinda glad I don't work down there, cause I imagine it's annoying to explain why you have this dog following you.


(By the way, Carl is looking for a Peach Pie recipe for one of the members that wants to learn how to bake one, if you have one you want to share, please email it to me!)  (Favorite cravings- Jif peanut butter and Jiffy mix corn pancakes... he ended today's conversation saying he was going to go make some corn pancakes for he and Elder George).

(Regarding some pics I sent him from the snow) That view out of the front window is so familiar and nice to see. I can't help but wonder what the people here would say if they saw the snow! I have a feeling they don't even know how cold that feels...snow that is

One last note: Mission Pres. is from Curitiba, and I've heard it is very nice down there. Brasilia is really cool and very modern looking. I’ve also been told that Rio is great of course. Will ask about some more sometime

Tchau again!